Monday, September 11, 2017

Hurricane Rains

❤Our thoughts and prayers are with the families that were and are being affected by both Huricane Harvey and Irma. ❤

My family is nestled into the Upstate of South Carolina, so no super terrifying things happening here as far as the weather, except, I'm still super terrified! Storms and I do NOT get along, and the increase of rain and heavy winds here have kept me a very anxious person today.

So to keep myself busy this evening, I turned to my ever favorite past time, quilting! Just a fun, quirky block, with Halloween fabric scraps and a few fat quarters that I have had stashed up since this time last year! No joke. Literally this time last year.

I stumbled upon Megs picture tutorial for Dresden plate blocks, and ran with it!
  http://boutiquenutmegdesigns.blogspot.ca/2009/12/dresden-plate-quilting-photo-tutorial.html?m=1

I am by no means a tutorial writing person, so just a few pictures from me as well, to give you an idea of what I was up to!











There is the gist of my fun today! I used the same template size as Meg showed in her tutorial and then followed her pictures! Took me approximately two-thirds hours to make one block, with plenty of interruptions from Child One, Child Two, and fuzzy pup. 😂 But I am more than pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment